tvdrive or sky +

Discussion in 'Cable TV & Virgin Media TV' started by vince_vega, Mar 16, 2006.

1. vince_vega

vince_vega

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    hi guys and gals, i currently have sky plus which i am fairly happy with but i have just bought a 42pd7200 and i want to watch some hd stuff! so should i get rid of sky and go for the tvdrive? which will offer the better service and picture quality? i know telewest wont be able to offer the same hd channels as sky ( who wants to watch artsworld hd anyway!) any help in making me decide would be great!

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +975
    If you want a DVR then I can't really say much against the TVDrive based on spec and operating costs.
    If you want HD first and foremost then at this time it looks like the SKY platform is the way to go.

Of course you may decided that a little broadcast HD is fine and supplement with HD-DVD or Blu-ray within the next year.

I expect Artsworld to have some gorgeous documentary/arts/nature programming and music/concerts which will benefit from DD5.1 audio:)

3. triplea4uk

triplea4uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +85
    If you have Sky+ already I would stay with that but might be worth phoning Sky saying you are leaving see what deal they will give you to stay.

4. vince_vega

vince_vega

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    what will they offer me though? i am dammned if i am gonna stump up 300 odd notes plus the extra subs for a sky hd box!

5. neilmcl

neilmcl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +292
    I wouldn't rush in to making a decision just yet. Give it six months to see what sort of content is being offered by both and if the prices are still the same, and possibly more important which one has the least amount of bugs then decide.