• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

TVDrive optical used?

def

Established Member
Hi all,

Does anything on Telewest actually get broadcast in 5.1 surround? In other words, is it worth hooking up the optical out on the TVDrive to my amp, or is it all broadcast in stereo?

I can use the optical in on my amp for something else, so rather not waste it on bog standard stereo...

Cheers!

Badger0-0

Distinguished Member
The only DD is BBC HD and the occasional HD film in "on demand" :thumbsdow

Use the stereo and Pro logic, if you only have one input :smashin:

def

Established Member
So none of the Teleport movies are 5.1 either? That's a bloody waste (and a good reason to walk next door to blockbuster for the same price)...

I have 2 optical inputs on my amp, one is being used for my xbox 360. I'll use the other one for my xbmc...

Cheers!

M

MERC4

Hi all,

Does anything on Telewest actually get broadcast in 5.1 surround? In other words, is it worth hooking up the optical out on the TVDrive to my amp, or is it all broadcast in stereo?

I can use the optical in on my amp for something else, so rather not waste it on bog standard stereo...

Cheers!

Been watching my Sky movies on VIRGIN around three months now and have only come across ONE movie in Dolby 5.1 surround.
Can't remember what it was.
However, can't say that we watch that many movies.
But 5.1 does exist on VIRGIN Sky movies ! :)

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom