TVDrive not recording form EPG!!!

Discussion in 'Cable TV & Virgin Media TV' started by shyewei, Mar 25, 2006.

1. shyewei

shyewei

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +208
    TVDrive was working fine up until a couple of days ago. Now despite recognising as to be recorded i.e. highlighted in red it will only record if I select record whilst watching the program - not very useful :mad:

This problem occurs when I try to use the record series function. I am just selecting yellow to record no pressing record before hand. Should this make a difference??!!

Has anyone else been experiencing similar problems :lease:

Tried calling Telewest and got the usual try rebooting blah blah blah then a technician will call you back in 3 -5 working days :eek:

Thanks in advance,
    Shye

2. bboy-mass

bboy-mass

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Yes, it looks like theres even more problems other than aspect ratio stuff.

I set the box to record ALL episodes of The Apprentice, and it cancelled itself:mad:

This box is starting to get my back up.
    Time to raise another fault. By this rate, ill have TV drive given to me with the amount of complaints Im making.

SKY is becoming more attractive, so tonights firmware update better sort this **** out.:devil:

Regards
    Mass
    Birmingham

3. shyewei

shyewei

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +208
    I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one out there ;)

TBH I can put up with the aspect ratio, black bar issue, but if I'm basically paying an extra £15pm for recording which it isn't doing then :mad:

On the bright side we didn't have to shell out £300 for the box and have got to have HD (albeit limited) months before those poor, frustrated people waiting for Sky HD.

There will NO doubt be problems when Sky HD realises judging by the issues we have faced, which will make paying the £300 worse still :D by that time Telewest should have sorted most of the issues and we should be getting some decent HD material. Just call me Mr Optimist ;)

Shye :smashin:

4. paulmcp2403

paulmcp2403

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +149
    I go ta message form NTL today after complaining voiciferously about the lack of HD...and guess what they admitted by email they are trialling a new HD PVR box.... so we will wait and see :)

5. Cable Monkey

Cable Monkey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +205
    Seeing as NTL: and Telewest now announce themselves as NTL:Telewest on the phone, it will be exactly the same hardware that TW customers have. The trials will be to prepare/install the software required to use this hardware on their network. Hardware trialling is essentially being done be TW's early adopters.