TVDrive no sound

radriderx

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,
Just got tvdrive installed today and connected through HDMI - seemed to go well and the engineer gave me a demo of 'pride' and the BBC HD preview channel - so far so good.

I then started playing with the remote features for a while and later on tried to show the wife the BBC HD channel, got picture but no sound!

Every other channel works fine including the HD movie 'Pride' - have I done something stupid or is there a problem with the HD channel tonight?

I've tried resetting the box and turning it off from the mains power but nothing seems to work - even reset it back to scart and still no sound on the BBC HD channel, any ideas?

Cheers!

At the moment I'm getting no sound on BBC HD either. Remember it's a trial so things like that do happen every now and again!

I have exactly the same problem and have tried the same solutions. I have just spent a frustrating 10 minutes speaking to an Indian lady in Faults who hadn't a clue and had to keep putting me on hold "to check". The upshot is that a technician will have to pay a visit on Thursaday even though I said that I didn't think the problem was at my end. Also I don't think it's on to excuse NTL by saying that it's "a trial" - NTL certainly didn't promote it as such when they sent me the mailshot which persuaded me to sign up and if they want to use us as guinea pigs then they should be saying so and giving it to us for free.

I bet as soon as you moaned you got the standard NTL response of "You're paying the extra ££'s each month for the TV Drive functionality not the HD content"?

I was lied to by the sales person who said there was more HD content than there actually is and NTL just don't care!

Oh and by the way, word is that the BBC HD trial is ending in March 2007!

Thanks for the reply's guys - makes me feel that it's not something I've done although I'll still complain to NTL.

The engineer who came to install the tvdrive was very honest, he said there was very little content i.e. one movie and the BBC channel and he said there was no content planned untill next year.

What really disappointed me was the lack of on demand movies as I had read that Telewest customers had access to HD movies.

However, saying this the box is still excellent for the recording facility and other on demand stuff.

Cheers

Sound has returned as mysteriously as it disappeared. Another call to NTL to cancel Tech!

i had a tvdrive installed today, no sound on bbc hd trial even now.
quick question, my volume buttons don't seem to do anything on the tv drive. i've got it connected via hdmi, tv volume works fine, optical to av receiver works fine, but vol on the tv drive does nothing. installer said its normal, as it only just rolled out in my area (leicester) today and updates over the next couple of days should fix the problem. is this the case?

The volume button on my remote doesn't work my TVDrive either - not that I need it on BBC HD at the moment, as there is no sound anyway!! That aside, I'm not sure if the engineer said anything about no volume control through TVDrive, but he did say that there wouldn't be a code for the volume button to work the TV until the New Year. Maybe by that comment the volume buttons on the remote doesn't control the volume on the TVDrive box anyway?

The volume buttons on the TVDrive remote can be set up to control the volume on your TV. Go to Home > help& Info > remote to find a list of codes for different TV sets and instructions on how to apply them. A word of warning - even if you find a code for your set it's not guaranteed to work - there are 3 codes for Sharp and none work with my Sharp set.

Hi,
Telephoned NTL yesterday to complain about the lack of sound on BBC HD and was told it wasn't at their end - but by the time I got home the sound was back on, so maybe they were right!

By the way the volume controls on my remote don't work either but the engineer did mention that when he installed it. I did try the remote codes in the instruction menu for my set (Sharp Aquos) but it made no difference.

thanks for the reply guys, it's good to know i'm not on my own with the volume buttons thing. my bbc hd is working fine now as well.....i am blown away! i thought it be impressed, but hd is like something else. still getting annoyed with the slow channel changing though:mad:

Hi,
Telephoned NTL yesterday to complain about the lack of sound on BBC HD and was told it wasn't at their end - but by the time I got home the sound was back on, so maybe they were right!

By the way the volume controls on my remote don't work either but the engineer did mention that when he installed it. I did try the remote codes in the instruction menu for my set (Sharp Aquos) but it made no difference.

I have a Sharp Aquos and managed to get the remote working today with code 0009.

The volume buttons on the TVDrive remote can be set up to control the volume on your TV. Go to Home > help& Info > remote to find a list of codes for different TV sets and instructions on how to apply them. A word of warning - even if you find a code for your set it's not guaranteed to work - there are 3 codes for Sharp and none work with my Sharp set.
same here almara tried eight codes for my samsung and not one of them worked
it was worth a try anyway but no joy.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom