TVDrive - cable advice

Discussion in 'Cable TV & Virgin Media TV' started by DodeFTD, Mar 8, 2006.

1. DodeFTD

DodeFTD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My first post, apologies if this has been covered elsewhere.

My Telewest TVdrive is being installed on March 28, and my TV (LGRZ32LZ55) only has a DVI connector, not HDMI. Telewest have told me I need a DVI-HDMI adapter cable. I looked online (as per their advice) and noticed you get male and female versions of both. I can check what I need for the TV side but not the TVDrive side, and various CS people at Telewest can't tell me!
    So I'm not sure what to buy - any advice on good places to look?

Also, been reading through the forum (learning all these new terms :eek: ) and am wondering if it would be better to use the component input instead? (the TV has this) - do you think this would be better than DVI?

Thanks in advance
    Dode

2. DynaMight

DynaMight

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    DVI would be better long term as not all content will be viewable through component. I'm in the same situation and going with component for the time being (atleast until HDMI switchers are cheaper)

http://www.tvcables.co.uk/cgi-bin/tvcables/HDMI-DVI-2M.html is what you need, you can buy them cheaper from Ebay though.

3. shyewei

shyewei

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +208
    What you need is a male HDMI -> female DVI adaptor. You will then be able to use a DVI - DVI cable to attach it to your TV.

Guess who happens to have one of these then :rolleyes: Also have a ?Molex 2m DVI-DVI cable. If your interested LMK.

Hmmm....you could also use a female DVI - female HDMI and then HDMI cable to your TVDrive. Not sure if these exist though. The first solution would defintely work though.

Hope this helps,
    Shye

4. DodeFTD

DodeFTD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  5. mehogie1

mehogie1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I have a Monster dvi to hdmi converter which I've never used if you're interested?