1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

tvcables.co.uk

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by spocktra, Dec 10, 2004.

1. spocktra

spocktra

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +40
    Just received a set of 2m generic component leads ,gold plated connectors metal bodied,£12.00 delivered.Hooked up and i am very impressed.If anyone is looking for a cheap upgrade from scart these will do the job.I had never used component leads before and wasnt sure hence the cheap cables but there is a obvious raise in quality over scart.I wonder how much a £50 set would differ.

2. iSix

iSix

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I ordered a load of profigold cables from them late tuesday evening, they arrived on thursday and the cables are great quality, in my lot was a 5m component cable and it's a huge improvement over the unbranded 'peice of string' ones I was using for initial testing of my equipment.

tvcables customer service is great too, one of the phono cables I ordered was damaged (split outer shield) sent them an email and they've sent out a replacement straight away, no arguments or bother :)

3. Nick37

Nick37

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes i must add.The service is fantastic i ordered some new scart cables then relised i had made a mistake .I gave them a call & with no fuss what so ever changed the cable for me there & then .Then shipped my order straight away after the amendment.All e-mails were answered quickly & politely so if you want any cables try them first.. :thumbsup:

4. Joshm74

Joshm74
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm glad to hear that as I just placed my first order with them for a 10m set of component leads and fibre optic cable. So this makes me feel so much more comfortable (I'm always a bit weary of ordering online from places I've not ordered from before - but their prices were too good to ignore ;) )

5. HurleyFX

HurleyFX

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +77
    word of mouth id good for me, ive just orderd a component from them after reading the above :D

6. scussy

scussy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    just like to add that i bought nearly all my cables from http://www.tvcables.co.uk/ for my new system,(viera42",E85 dvd/hdd,yam 750se amp,pure DAB tuner,CEL 305 speakers)
    they are very quick with e-mails and sending goods (a couple of days after ordering and i have the goods) :clap:
    i think good scarts make a big difference to the PQ,
    i made a mistake on ordering aerial cables,i got the male to male mixed up with the male to female,i phoned the next day and no problem swiched them around,then got a mail to say iam £23 in credit,so i said keep it on my account as i will be ordering more cables for my son's set-up,
    it's a thumbs up from me :thumbsup:
    steve

7. CJROSS

CJROSS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +343
  8. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    that turned into a bit of a bunfight CJ.......... I have long reconmended Profigold cables as better than budget alternatives but the Prices @ TVcables make then the same price as budget high street cables..........

9. CJROSS

CJROSS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +343
    Hey Horny I have no idea why someone would want to poo poo an outfit selling cables as cheaply as TVCables but they did (on the “quality” of them) I merely disagreed. Profigold cables are pretty superb IME, From Scarts to Phonos. I was in Currys the other day and I spotted a “Monster” 1.5m Scart for £60, folk are buying these without knowing what you can get from Profigold for £20, Better shielding, Better plugs ….. Cables are such a rip off quite simply.

10. iSix

iSix

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  11. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    iSix can you give details?

12. HurleyFX

HurleyFX

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +77
    Received the component cable today , and i am very happy with 1st impressions.

ill be doing a 4hr LOTR return of the king test tomorrow :D

13. iSix

iSix

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Not really, but, they charged our order to someone elses account and delivered it to them, we complained then they sent out our order again and billed us for it, the other person who wronglt got our order complained, returned the goods and then cpc moved the charge from their account to ours, then when we refused to pay that because we hadn't had the goods (the ones sent to use were paid for by us) they threatened legal action, so we *took* legal action against them :)