1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

tvcables.co.uk component lead

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by PjPip, Oct 22, 2004.

1. PjPip

PjPip

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    OK, read a few threads recently asking about the cheap component leads from tvcables with few if any independent replies, so I thought it worth posting some thoughts having just bought one.

Firstly, it works. I bought the 10m lead to connect my DVD player to PJ, one side of the room to the other effectively. I'll be honest and say I have nothing to compare it with not previously having a component player or display. I'm using a £50 Pioneer 2570 in progressive output mode into an Epson TW10H and the benefits over the S-video connection I was using (incidentally the cable for which cost twice as much as this cable) were instantly noticeable.

I don't declare this to be a perfect cable and don't have the knowledge to proclaim any professional judgement on it.

However, if like me you've recently bought a PJ in the current market of low prices AND you have a bog-standard off the shelf DVD player with component connections I would say buy one. It's all too easy to get carried away by the fears/claims/obsessions of *.philes and lose track of our real, shared love - watching movies.

No offence intended to anyone, no connection to the company - just a happy movie.phile who considers £12.99 well and truly spent.

Anyone need a 10m s-video lead :)

Regards
    Pip

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    which model did you buy Pip?

3. PjPip

PjPip

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    It's listed as 10m Component Video Cable : SKU CP003, also available in other lengths.

Regards
    Pip