1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TVBOX for Projectors

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by fruitloops, Nov 5, 2004.

1. fruitloops

fruitloops

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought a video to vga upscaler to increase the native resolution on my X1 made by infocus. Infocus says the max resolution is 1024x768 native is 800x600. I assume this shouldn't hurt the projector. I will say that vcr tapes and regular tv are much crisper. Here is the
    http://store.yahoo.com/golden-bridge/kworvdckwtve.html link to the upscaler I bought.

2. MikeRJ

MikeRJ
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    You cannot change the native resolution of your projector, it is fixed by the DLP inside.

3. fruitloops

fruitloops

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What I don't understand then is how can Infocus claim that the maximum output be 1024x768 on the X1? When you look at the about section on the projector is says 1024x768 when I use it. And when I play a DVD it says 480p. One is going through the VESA/VGA adapter and the DVD is going through the svideo.

4. fruitloops

fruitloops

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I found the answer to my question. The capacity of each projector has the native resolution of a cetain number. Each projector has the capacity then to compress a higher resolution by an x number. In the case of the X1 it can accept 1024x768 computer signals and then compresses that into the native 800x600. Optoma ha the Ep732 with a native 800x600 and can accept signal up to 1400x1050 still compresses to 800x600. So which is now better? 480P 576i or computer signal at 1024x768 compressed. The tvbox still helps with local channels, vcr movies, and super8 movies to upscale them to a better picture.

5. explicitlyrics

explicitlyrics

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    feeding the projector its native resolution will give you the best image.

as for 480P and 576I I dont think there is a defined winner, it depends on how your projector shows it and what looks better to you.

Chris