Tv wont turn on properly

blackrod

Hi all,

Anyone else had an issue with their Samsung tv not switching on or 'booting up?
It was working fine one minute then just froze. I turned off and on again and the tiny led under the TV was flashing rapidly and it would try to boot up but just kept flicking up the Samsung screen then turning off again. Repeat ad infinitum.

mmj

About 10 years ago they had problems with capacitors failing on the main power circuit board which caused TV's to fail to power on, how old is your TV?

blackrod

Well, can someone explain this? Spoke to Samsung and engineer booked for Monday. Borrowed a TV tonight and plugged it in, same issue! So I start unplugging everything in the room but no joy. Moved TV into another room and it starts to boot up then turns off 10 to 20 seconds later. So I move it into the kitchen and it works perfectly.
So, as the kitchen is on a different circuit to the rest of downstairs the issue is narrowed down. So I start to unplug one at a time until I get to the fish tank in the hallway, bingo! Soon as I unplug the filter/air bubble thingy the TV springs into life!
So how come a PC and monitor, sky box, WiFi, laptops, chargers etc all worked fine but a TV didn't?

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung Micro LED, Mini LED, NEO QLED TVs and More: AVForums Podcast Interview
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom