TV without PWM flickering

richiesuk

Novice Member
Reaction score
Dear all.

I am being unlucky at the moment, tried 2 TVs home and both caused me eye fatigue after 5-10 mins watching regardless the source (netflix, or HD tv box).

First tv was LG 55UN7100
Second was Sony KD-55XH9299 (100Hz).

After returning LG I read some reviews and forums and found out the all modern LCD tvs use PWM, LG 120Hz, Sony 720Hz but still causing me eye fatigue.

I have been staring pc monitors for the last 12 yrs and never had this instant eye fatigue.

Found a list on Rtings.com regarding this flickering and PWM and only few older Sony Xh80p and X85J mentioned as having flicker free backlights.

I watched some 39 inch old LG 50hz tv a lot and bever had any issues

has anyone experienced similar issues and found some solutions?

There is a long thread about this somewhere, I remember reading it a few weeks back. Exact same issue and loads of tvs tested, not sure if they ever found one that was suitable or not in the end.

Edit:

XH80 is a 2020 model and X85J is a 2021 model, they're not older models.

Last edited:
Probably the size and/or the brightness rather than the PWM. Unlikely your home monitor will be PWM/flicker-free if you didn't specifically chose one nor that 39" LG.

Probably the size and/or the brightness rather than the PWM. Unlikely your home monitor will be PWM/flicker-free if you didn't specifically chose one nor that 39" LG.
Maybe the direct led..
With edge led technology I haven't noticed the same so far...

anyone having problems staring at bright screens tv/computer monitor,
make sure you don't have a chronic sinus infection,
you can use manuka honey, or oregano oil (highly diluted e.g. 1 drop Oregano essential oil for 5ml olive oil), to pour it down your nose and cure it.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom