TV With Lockable Channel - Is This Possible?

charleyboy

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm looking for a TV, maybe around 24" in size. The TV will receive video feed from a co-ax that contains 14 channels. However, I'm looking to be able to set the TV up so that it can only show one of the channels. Basically, I want to lock the TV on channel 6 and make it so that no one can switch the channel over unless they enter a 4 digit pin or similar.

Is there any TV that has that facility built in to it's software?

A lot of tv's have a child lock option, this ranges from just stopping settings from being changed, to stopping all the buttons from working. Have a look in manuals for tv's and you'll find out which one has what.
I'm guessing you're running a feed down coax to the tv, couldn't you just only tune the tv to that one analogue feed and just not tune any digital channels, that way there wouldn't be anything to change to?

A lot of tv's have a child lock option, this ranges from just stopping settings from being changed, to stopping all the buttons from working. Have a look in manuals for tv's and you'll find out which one has what.
I'm guessing you're running a feed down coax to the tv, couldn't you just only tune the tv to that one analogue feed and just not tune any digital channels, that way there wouldn't be anything to change to?

Hi,

Yes there are options to change the feed, but we haven't bought TV's yet so easiest way would be a lock facility.

Samsung, LG and Panasonic TVs all have a "Hotel" mode, where you can set various functions. For instance, you can set the switch on channel and disable the on TV buttons.

You could then use the remote to change channels as and when required.

Different TVs have different options, but a quick google should give you some suggestions.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom