TV With In-Built Freeview HD Tuner

DrPepper

Panasonic 2009 VIERA range have freesat HD built-in.
I don't think your gone see Freeview HD via TV aerial
until they switch of analogue.

tutu

Can anyone advise when these sets will be available?

We need two things - DVB-T2 and a MPEG-4 decoder. The MPEG-4 decoders have recently started showing up in recent Panasonic sets due to Ireland's use of MPEG-4.

I don't know when to expect DVB-T2 - it is still very much in testing and we may see freeview boxes first and TVs later. I would like to see it sooner than later - I could do with replacing a couple of my TVs and I would like to make sure they are compatible. I think it might be the case of either 2010 or 2011 models.

The old freeview system may be shutdown (in several years) and replaced with all DVB-T2/MPEG-4.

GaryB

Distinguished Member
The very first Freeview HD tuners are reaching the early testing stages now and, if all goes according to plan, the very first models should appear at the end of the year. Like anything new, these will be expensive. Higher volumes will follow early next year. The main Freeview HD launch will be aimed at the World Cup.

robert.hunter

Thanks for these replies.

I have a number of TV sets to replace and I really do not want to do so only to find that I need yet another box.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung Micro LED, Mini LED, NEO QLED TVs and More: AVForums Podcast Interview
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom