TV With 1 HDMI Input (but want 2 inputs!)

jph572

Standard Member
Hi

I currently have Freesat HD, normal SKY+ (non-HD) connected to my Sony 40" Bravia TV (Freesat via HDMI, Sky via SCART). My TV only has 1 HDMI Input.

I'm looking to buy a Blueray Home Cinema system, with iPod adapters etc, surround sound etc....

I nearly bought the Samsung BD1252, with Wireless options (for connection to my PC and also the wireless speaker option) but looked at the manual online and noticed it only had HDMI Out and no HDMI in..., which at the moment has stopped my buying it.

I wanted to know if anyone knows of a system that has all the same kind of options that the Samsung one has, but with the ability to plug my Freesat HD into it (possibly record it to DVDs or Hard Disk..???) and pass on the HDMI to my TV (a bit like SCART used to do). So the HDMI input to my TV is either for Freesat or a DVD/Blueray disc???

I paid £2k for my TV about 4 years ago, and already it seems out of date, only having one HDMI input!!!

To be honest, we don't really watch many DVD's etc.., but would still be a pain if I had to keep switching the cables from Freesat to the new Blueray player, each time we did want to watch one!

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks
Jason

jph572

Standard Member
Just reading a bit more about this (after my wife said... "is there not something like a splitter" you can use...!!

Well, she obviously has the brains... as she's right, I could just use a 2:1 or 3:1 splitter.. any recommendations for one of these would also be appreciated.

Thanks
Jason

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 OLED TV Review: The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom