TV Wall Mounts - Size Rating doesnt matter?

kryten22uk

Most tv wall mounts seem to have both a size ratings (ie it says for tvs from 40-60inches) as well as a weight rating (ie says upto 60kg).

Surely the size of the TV is irrelevant? If a mount can support 60kg say then it can support any TV size under that weight.

Ciggybumly

I think it may have more to do with the VESA mount size more than anything. Some brackets can take a decent weight, but only have 400 x 400 VESA mounts (probably up to 60ish”). Some brackets then go up to 600 and 800 sizes which are found more on the 65”+ sizes. I’m just guessing though

kryten22uk

Good point, but then the important thing would still be the reference to the max VESA size for the bracket, rather than the TV size, as not all TV sizes have consistent VESAs.

The other thing I thought was for the brackets that pull out and swivel the viewing angle, the size of the TV will reduce the max swivel angle. So manufacturers might reference a max screen size to prevent disappointment in the swivel ability.

But for simple fixed brackets I sure now that TV size is irrelevant (VESA issues aside), its the weight thats relevant.

MarkE19

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom