TV Wall Mount Help required/Full Motion Mount/Single Stud issues.

nl92

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi there,

I'm looking to mount my LG 55" OLED TV and was wondering if any of you have some advice or expertise. I have a full motion mount to go on a standard plasterboard/stud wall but I only really have access to one stud (they're 24" apart in this newbuild house) in the centre where I intend to mount the TV. I don't really want to go down the road of plasterboard fixings so I was considering mounting an 18mm plywood mounting board and screwing that on to 3 studs and mounting the Full Motion Bracket in the middle of that using Lag Screws/Bolts. I'm not much of a DIY expert so could anybody let me know if something like this would work? Something like this is what I have in mind
440f16fd52c7d56111d4d8fc06ff6fde.jpg

Would something like this be suitable: Hardwood Plywood Board (L)1.22m (W)0.61m (T)18mm | DIY at B&Q

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks.

That would work. If anything I would go a bit wider then the pic on the height of the board - so more support above and below the bracket to spread the load further - the TV will be trying to turn the board downwards so more support in that area helps. Looking at the measurements of the board that should be OK at 0.61m.

Just make sure each fixing has a good bite to the stud or board

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom