TV voltage Hisense Q9G

Shejdi

Hi,

I just want to ask for help.
Im moron and i bought Hisense h9q form amazon canada. But i live in ireland. Atter 6 months i figured out that TV power supply is 110V and i plugged my TV to 220V:suicide::facepalm:. I didn't know that i need power convertor. But my TV is still working.
What does it mean? Even if manufacturer said that this is 110V only it's really 100-250V?
Becouse from what i've read it should allready blow or put on fire or just not working at all. Yet nothing happen. TV is working this whole time just fine. Is that possible that someting inside is broken and i dont see it? Or TV is just fine and im super lucky moron?
Thanks for any reply.

Regards
Chris

noiseboy72

Distinguished Member
The likelihood is that the power supply will cope with 100v to 250v, but things like the mains cabling might not.

Safe route would be a 110v transformer.

Shejdi

So if it's working normally there's probably no internal damage and when i'll conect it via transformer averything will be fine?

noiseboy72

Distinguished Member
Yep, should be fine. Switched mode power supplies will usually auto sense over a wide range of voltages.

The latest video from AVForums

Sony A90J & A80J OLED and X90J & X95J BRAVIA XR TV Line-up & Features: Sony Interview
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom