Question TV viewing options....

wotnoshoeseh

Novice Member
Hi,
I am a little confused - I had Sky installed but have had it turned off. I still use the Sky receiver and dish, but all of the channels that I can get from Freeview (which is on another TV in the house with aerial i.e. Dave, Gold etc.) are not available through the SKY dish and receiver.
If I get a basic Freesat box e.g. Manhattan HD-S2 will I be able to get all of those Freeview channels through Freesat??

I just had a quick look at the channels available on Freesat Freesat Channels - Free Satellite TV, HD and Radio Channels and to be honest I think getting a Freesat box in would leave me with exactly the same channels only without being able to see all of the other channels (i.e. listed on the program menu).

With that said, as I already have my TV aerials (RTE and BBC) installed on the house I think I'd be best getting a TV technician out to re-fettle my aerial connections and get me the national channels here (RTE etc.) along with the Freeview stuff.

I understand I've probably answered the first question I had myself but if some of the more knowledgeable people on the forum could provide me with advice on my options, that would be great.

Many thanks,
D

TJT1

Some of the programmes that are on freeview are encrypted on satellite. Dave is one of them.

wotnoshoeseh

Novice Member
OK - Thanks.
I think the best option for m is to get a TV/Aerial installer out to my house and get my aerials reconnected properly with proper booster for the RTE one.

They should also be able to advise me regarding set boxes for both Saorview and Freeview.

logiciel

A second receiver will get exactly the same channels as the Sky one now does.
You do need to get the Freeview set up properly though.

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom