• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

TV v Monitor warranty. It should be 3 yrs for both?

Do you think that all TV's should come with 3 years warranty?

• I agree 36 months is only fair for a complex and expensive item

Votes: 8 100.0%
  • I disagree and I'll post why

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It could push the cost up to much, best leave it as is

• Do I look bothered?

• Total voters

Gadget Guru

Established Member
I've just purchased a 32" LCD TV from LG; and also an 19" TV/Monitor also from LG; and I'm very happy with both. But the TV/Monitor came with a 3 year warranty from the manufacturer and yet the considerably more expensive TV, only has 12 months manufacturers warranty. That doesn't make any sense does it? Especially when you consider the fact that my TV can be used as a monitor as it comes with a PC connection. :rolleyes:

I think it could and should be 36 months warranty on all LCD/Plasma TV's. What say you? Vote now! :)

ttreaders

Established Member
Well considering tv's are suppose to last a very long time they should all come with at least 5 years warranty in my opinion, 1 year warranty for tvs that cost 1k or more is just crazy.

I would also like it if ALL LCD and Plasma manufacturers tested their sets more thoroughly for the common issues such as dead pixels, banding, backlight bleed and clouding. If this pushed the price up for all of them then so be it in my mind, it's a mine field trying to get an expensive tv that is fault free.

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom