TV UPGRADING(when)

T

TRON1

Some on these forums change their tvs as often as some people would upgrade a mobile,as tv technology is moving faster than poo off a stick how long do you intend on keeping your current tv model etc?Ive had my LG plasma since april this year but im already looking at upgrading by next summer,my missus says im nuts and theres no way on earth im splashing out more money on another tv(yeah right)when ive just got this one.women just dont understand.

I've had my plasma tv since 2005 and I intend to buy a new one if it breaks or in 5 years at least.

Call me a tree hugging hippy for saying this but I am NOT.

When i buy some thing i buy it because the old one's broken down and i need it or I need to buy this tool to do a task, i dont buy things because a newer versions of the same things have come out.

Positive side
-----------

Ok thanks to the people who buy new things (as often people breath air) they are keeping people in jobs (mainly in the Far East and not the UK :() and thus making the world economy run ok thats the positive side.

The negative side
-----------------

What do people do with their old things which still work ?

1)
Some may sell them on e-bay, give them to their relatives or kids but most i guess will dump them and eventually they will go in to land fill sites as rubbish and pollute the world we live in as electrical items dont rot down and there are not enough recyclers to handle all this.

2)
Your wasting your money when you already have some thing good which works.

With wasting money buying a 4x4 which is designed to be used in jungles of Africa or deserts of Australia, Nevada - USA, Middle east etc, but in the UK people buy the same 4x4s to do shopping at Tescos, take their " mini mes " to school etc.......on normal roads.

Buying them is a huge waste of money as in normal towns you never use them for what they are designed for ..........

LOL

Its called marketing and hype

As a consumer we drive the cost of the product down cos we ALL want something at the lowest possible price

This eventually leads to the manufacturer making very little money on their product

Hence they have to come up with something sexier better etc to tempt us to buy the newer version

Which of course they make more money on

Its simple economics really

regards

Some on these forums change their tvs as often as some people would upgrade a mobile,as tv technology is moving faster than poo off a stick how long do you intend on keeping your current tv model etc?Ive had my LG plasma since april this year but im already looking at upgrading by next summer,my missus says im nuts and theres no way on earth im splashing out more money on another tv(yeah right)when ive just got this one.women just dont understand.

Well this is understandible,that youre misses don't want you,to buy a new one,je have youre for about 4 months:D.

I can understand youre point off view too,I have the same thing I,ve owned an 428xd,and did want A 508xd and I had the oppertunity to swaped it,so there it is:D

Women don't understand this:D

Well this is understandible,that youre misses don't want you,to buy a new one,je have youre for about 4 months:D.

I can understand youre point off view too,I have the same thing I,ve owned an 428xd,and did want A 508xd and I had the oppertunity to swaped it,so there it is:D

Women don't understand this:D

Some women do. Three years ago I upgraded from a perfectly good 32" Loewe Xelos CRT to a 42" Panasonic PWD6. Now I'm hankering after a 50" Fujitsu plasma and I'm trying to convince my husband that it's a good idea to spend all that money when we already have a perfectly good TV. It's even harder to persuade him that we should have a dish on our house for SkyHD.

I've just built a new Vista PC and I'm now starting to consider building a Home Cinema PC for my new HD screen.

However, I do realise that my interests are very unusual for a woman.

Teresa

Some women do. Three years ago I upgraded from a perfectly good 32" Loewe Xelos CRT to a 42" Panasonic PWD6. Now I'm hankering after a 50" Fujitsu plasma and I'm trying to convince my husband that it's a good idea to spend all that money when we already have a perfectly good TV. It's even harder to persuade him that we should have a dish on our house for SkyHD.

I've just built a new Vista PC and I'm now starting to consider building a Home Cinema PC for my new HD screen.

Teresa

LOL

Terasa now if only you were 5` 6" and blonde youd be my perfect GF

oops sorry ive just been sexist i aplogise profusely

:D

Tron, I wish I had the money to change my tv every year;) but I don't. I've had my Samsung LCD LE37R74DB since may this year,but it soon came apparent that at my sitting distance of 13ft this 37" screen is just to small. I'm now saving up for a new 50" Panny or Pioneer, I could just about afford one now, but I think 2008 will bring better 50" plasma's.

I now want 50" plasma but i think thats my absolute max tv size due to room size. Teresa you are a one off with your love for the big screen a blokes dream.

I would like to upgrade to a nice plasma 42" flat screen. However, i currently can't justify it as our JVC crt 32" tv works fine & I don't like upgrading for the sake of upgrading. Also, the amount of high defintion content doesn't justify the upgrade at this moment in time. I have to agree that some people in the forums do seem to change their equipment as often as they change their socks. However, each to their own.

I have just upgraded because I had some money given to me and I'd always wanted a big plasma. This will have to do me for another 5-8 years hopefully. Thats why I got a full HD 1080P plasma..........sort of future proofing.

Cheers

Andy

ps, the move from 32" is great and dramatic.

Teresa

I think I'm in love.

12 months - 18 months

In that time you can still get pretty good money for your current model so the upgrade only costs a few hundred pounds

for example:-

Old Tosh LCD 1080i

New Panasonic Plasma 1080p with 24p support

Change cost me £300

Now, that over the year has cost me £25 a month...when u consider I don't smoke or go out drinking everynight it's not that bad

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom