TV Upgrade time - advice and/or reassurance please !

Wiccaman

Established Member
Reaction score
Afternoon everyone :)

Looking to purchase a new tv and blu ray player for the living room, once the Black Friday/World Cup/Christmas sales start to arrive.

Currently have a Samsung 55KU6400 tv and UBD-K8500 player, purchased approximately 4 years ago. Both are fine for watching blu rays, Netflix, Prime, iPlayer etc, but having got myself a fair few 4k discs now, including HDR and DV, it's time to do them justice. Also watch a lot of sport, mainly football, darts, NFL, NHL and golf.

Sit about 8-10 feet away from the screen, so thinking 55 or 65 inch, depending on deals available. Most viewing is evening and weekends, with a blind that can be closed if the sun ever appears here on the west cost of Scotland !

Currently leaning towards the LG C2 paired with a Panasonic UB820 player, as it seems to have the least issue with triple layer discs, which are becoming more and more the norm from what I can tell.

Any reason why I shouldn't go with this combo, or any others I should give serious consideration to ? Expecting this would cost around £2,000

Not a chance in hell the better half will allow cables along the floor, so receiver is not included at this time. May consider a sound bar further down the line, or spend a bit more if there's a great deal to be found.

Anything else I should have mentioned just let me know. Thanks for any and all replies :thumbsup:

No, you're on the right track, as you would be with any of the mid-range OLEDs but I will say don't buy now, buy at a time when there are sales and TV prices aren't too high.
£1500 would be a good target price for the C2.

No, you're on the right track, as you would be with any of the mid-range OLEDs but I will say don't buy now, buy at a time when there are sales and TV prices aren't too high.
£1500 would be a good target price for the C2.
Thanks very much @Dodgexander, glad all the research I've been doing on here and other places seems to have been worth it.

The real fun will begin when I actually but it then try and make sense of the setup process :laugh:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom