TV Upgrade and HDBaseT replacement

ChuckMountain

Distinguished Member
So am in the process of upgrading one or both of my TVs from the current 1080P plasma that they are to 4K OLEDs (probably based around the LG CX variant)

I also have two Yamaha AV amps which I am happy with apart from not being able to pass 4K. If I do upgrade it will be when Yamaha finally do upgrade their Aventage line up for HDMI 2.1 support etc.

Sources include Sky Q v1, Apple TV 4K, Vero 4K+, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony PS5, Sky Q Mini, Intel NUC.

So I have one TV approx 20m away that is currently connected via HDBaseT with an optical spdif cable returning sound to the amp. The rest of the equipment is in a rack in my garage. Unfortunately, I can route a fibre HDMI cable to it due to the run locations.

Thinking of possibly this but it a bit on the pricey side but appreciate the quality\configuration aspects.

Is this "visually lossless" compression?

I don't expect to use this TV for gaming but want to ensure I can feed 4K sources to it as well as my 1080P amp which will switch older sources still. Just conscious that we on the HDMI 2.1 becoming more widespread and don't want to buy an HDBaseT box that will become an older model relatively quickly.

Anybody, suggest any alternatives?

The second TV has a 15M run but my devices including the PS5 are local to it. I was therefore thinking that it would be best to hook up 4K devices directly and continue passing sound back via optical. I appreciate that might limit HD Audio for those devices.

@Joe Fernand any other options? Are you still doing RuiPro cables as can't seem them on your store? Are there some 8K or 4k @ 120Hz variants now? As noticed there are some people complaining of issues with 3090 and LG TVs amongst other things.

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
ChuckMountain - we have quite a few of the HDFury Maestro installed and no complaints so far, very flexible and stable solution.

RuiPro - now handle UK/EU sales direct via Amazon.

Joe

ChuckMountain

Distinguished Member
H
ChuckMountain - we have quite a few of the HDFury Maestro installed and no complaints so far, very flexible and stable solution.

RuiPro - now handle UK/EU sales direct via Amazon.

Joe

Hi Joe,

Is the Vertex 2 offer the same functionality as the Maestro bar the HDBaseT module.

Just wondering if I could use that and run a RuiPro to both TVs and then a splitter to two AV amps on the AV output?

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
The Vertex2 could be an option - quite a bit of EDID management to handle the way you describe but Def a possabiliy.

Drop me a PM.

Joe

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Sky Glass, Epson Laser Projectors plus Home Cinema Subwoofers and More…
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom