Quantcast

TV unit with subwoofer space

tim1982

Has anyone in the UK come across somewhere that sells TV units that have space in the centre for a subwoofer? At present my TV unit is an Ikea lack bench which does just fine but id really like to have my subwoofer centred in front of my MLP but I can't find anything that fits the bill! Ive tried looking at Ikea for ideas as im happy to alter some furniture but still nothing.

gibbsy

You should really place your sub where it sounds the best. Every room is different. I have people using cabinets by just taking the doors off and shelf out.

tim1982

Thanks, I understand about the placement and have done the sub crawl but oddly I could tell no difference anywhere along my front wall so thought centre would be no different, more pleasing on the eye and clear up some much needed space. It's quite a big sub for my 13 x 13 room so maybe that's why I can't tell the difference when I crawl?

gibbsy

Perhaps it would be a good idea to place your sub where you want it or rather where the cabinet would be placed and then try and box the sub in with something temporary. Playing the sub will then give you some idea as to whether it would be a good idea or not. Doing so may reinforce the bass or on the other hand be detrimental.

tim1982

Perhaps it would be a good idea to place your sub where you want it or rather where the cabinet would be placed and then try and box the sub in with something temporary. Playing the sub will then give you some idea as to whether it would be a good idea or not. Doing so may reinforce the bass or on the other hand be detrimental.
I think that would be a wise idea, not much point building a cabinet and finding the bass sucks afterwards. Ill wait until xmas is out the way and give it a bash, many thanks

Top Bottom