TV Unit Needed For 75"

TBW

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

I've recently moved into my new place and am quite the distance away from my old 39" Samsung and can't actually read a lot of the text in the corners of the screen when gaming (PS4 at present - PS5 eventually) so it's time to upgrade all the way up to 75". I made a post asking for TV suggestions here.

But anyway, alongside needing a new TV, I also need a new stand to put it on. I'm just trying to get something it'll fit on, that'll have a shelf for consoles and some storage space for games, whether that be a shelf for me to stand them on or a drawer that's deep enough for me to be able to look down upon the spines of the cases. Either would work.

The ideal TV I want is the Sony XH90 which unfortunately has massive legs on it. The TV is 167cm wide but the legs are a huge 41cm deep. Alternatively I'm also now considering other TVs which are the same size but have legs around the 34cm depth.

Some of the units I've looked at so far are:
Thanks for any help. Really appreciate it. It's difficult to game at the moment. The screen really is quite far away.

If you buy a Table-Top Stand for your prefered choice of Sony 75''xh90, you will then have a much greater choice of TV unit/furniture to better suit your needs for games storage and consoles etc.

Here's one I bought for my Sony 75''TV.....(do a search and you may find them a bit cheaper)...
Amazon product ASIN B01LXL6SVZ

I have a Skovby #773 unit. 190cm wide with shelving served by sliding doors, great for ventilation when running. The middle section has three draws that I keep some of my blu rays in. When the doors are shut there is a very effective IR repeater that serves both sides.

Skovby #773

If you buy a Table-Top Stand for your prefered choice of Sony 75''xh90, you will then have a much greater choice of TV unit/furniture to better suit your needs for games storage and consoles etc.

Here's one I bought for my Sony 75''TV.....(do a search and you may find them a bit cheaper)...
Nothing is actually appearing here so can't see what you meant to post.

I have a Skovby #773 unit. 190cm wide with shelving served by sliding doors, great for ventilation when running. The middle section has three draws that I keep some of my blu rays in. When the doors are shut there is a very effective IR repeater that serves both sides.

Skovby #773
Are there any pictures of it open? Or shelf measurements etc? Also pricing seems well hidden.

Ikea besta...! Cheap as chips loads of colour variants and configurations available.

I have their cement colour/textured doors and they look great... IMO obviously.

My 75 sits atop them with no problems what so ever.

Nothing is actually appearing here so can't see what you meant to post.

That's odd, link seems to work fine for me.
The link is to a 'FITUEYES' TableTop Pedastal TV Stand.
I mentioned this table-top pedastal stand as you then don't need to use the supplied feet which come with your prefered choice of Sony 75''XH90.

Last edited:
I’m having the same problem
I’ve ordered the Sony 9505 75” and the depth of the tv with stand is 41.5cm, so getting a tv stand is proving problematic
One I’ve found that fits is the alphason modular 2500
250cm wide 47 deep and 36 or 52 high depending on which model
I ordered mine last weekend , email on Monday to say it’s being processed
Wednesday email to say it’s been dispatched with the courier , then yesterday email to say it’s out of stock
Apparently it comes from the manufactur and they non in stock
Yet this company shows stock on there website without knowing what is actually available
Disgraceful way to trade , so now I’m back to square one and awaiting a refund while my tv is on the way

@TBW The Dakota units might be of interest if you can wait...
dakotalightmangolargemediaunit2.jpg

Ikea besta...! Cheap as chips loads of colour variants and configurations available.

I have their cement colour/textured doors and they look great... IMO obviously.

My 75 sits atop them with no problems what so ever.
Problem with some of the new Sony TVs is the depth is 41.5 cm with the new stands and the bestas are 42 deep

It’s about 164cm so yes it would fit
Be almost edge to edge
Was looking for maybe 200
They are nice solid units though
Not sure if they would deliver to me as o I live in Orkney , but going to try them

In the end I ended up getting the Dwell Nova II unit via FB Marketplace and got a different TV and an "after market" stand so I didn't need to use the ugly legs provided.

Just need to get a plant to put in the corner and get rid of my old unit on the left and I should be done.

For now at least.

Attachments

• 142371405_712086126173988_7427059126465852838_n.jpg
    142371405_712086126173988_7427059126465852838_n.jpg
    181.8 KB · Views: 141

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom