• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

TV Turning On By Itself

RedBuc

Novice Member
Hi

I bought a Philips Smart TV a couple of months ago and lately when getting up in the morning it’s turned on. I took the batteries out before bed last night to check if it’s a remote issue and the TV wasn’t on so looks like a Remote issue. Has anyone had this issue and if so how it was resolved? Thanks in advance

andyp3001

It has happened to me on two occasions. I have had a Philips 50PUS6754 Smart TV for 5 months now. Firstly update to the latest firmware if it is available. By all means replace the batteries in the remote. If I remember correctly, there is a setting in the tuning options menu which allows the TV to search for digital channel updates overnight or at other times whilst in standby. This can activate the set and turn it on. If your Smart TV has an option like this, then disable it. Hope this helps.

RedBuc

Novice Member
Well I’ve replaced the Batteries and turned off channel updates and for a couple of weeks it worked but now it’s turning itself on again. Guess next step is a factory reset see how that goes

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom