Tv turning off after a few seconds

mikehanmer

Novice Member
Hi all,

I have a Panasonic TX-L32E6B that turns itself off after a few seconds, after which the power LED blinks once in a cycle.

During the few seconds a picture is displayed, there are no picture issues and sound can be heard.

Does anyone have any ideas what might be wrong and if it is an economical repair please?

Thanks,

Mike

thedoswells

If the light is blinking once repeatedly with a few seconds between each blink, it sounds like a problem with a component on the lcd panel. No idea what sort of cost I'm afraid. Assume out of warranty?

mikehanmer

Novice Member
If the light is blinking once repeatedly with a few seconds between each blink, it sounds like a problem with a component on the lcd panel. No idea what sort of cost I'm afraid. Assume out of warranty?
Sadly it’s well out of warranty being about 7 years old.

it blinks just once in each cycle, but can’t find any information on what that means to attempt a repair. Have tried changing the inverter board but the same problem still exists.

thedoswells

Sadly it’s well out of warranty being about 7 years old.

it blinks just once in each cycle, but can’t find any information on what that means to attempt a repair. Have tried changing the inverter board but the same problem still exists.
Sorry, beyond me. I'd have no choice but to replace it.

mikej

When you turn your TV on and the screen is briefly illuminated, are there any dark areas that look like it could be an LED failure issue ?

Here's a thread featuring someone with the same shut-down problem and same error code - he made a video of the issue here.

The thread concludes... "Just to close this one off, you were all correct in your suspicions of an LED failure. I ended up taking it to a local repair shop who completed the work for around £50" (dated Dec 2018)

If you can track down a service manual for your TV, it should include an blinking LED error chart that will help with trouble-shooting. I had a quick look for you online but couldn't see one listed on the sites I usually use.

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom