1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TV tuners for Plasma screens, Teletext Page Memory

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by The_Tok-Ra, Nov 25, 2002.

1. The_Tok-Ra

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    First off: - A BIG HELLO!! To all at AV Forums. I have just become a member of this terrific forums site that was recommended to me by another Member.

I am seriously considering buying a plasma screen instead of a conventional CRT TV but I have a few questions that I can't seem to get any answers to at the dealers I have visited.

My current Phillips 4:3 set has the ability to allow the user to flick between pages that are available when a page number is selected, rather than having to wait for the TV to scroll through the pages available. i.e. If I were to look at Teletext page 120, I would find that there are 2 pages available (Now & Next) which I can flick between as and when I wish without having to wait for it to change after a short space of time. (Usually about the time I am just starting the last line of a page. Most annoying)

The thing is that I don't know if there are any set TV tuners out there with this Teletext page memory thingy that I am looking for and if I can't get a tuner with this feature than I would rather just get a normal Widescreen CRT set.

If anyone can help me with this one I would be most grateful.

Thanks & Best Regards