1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TV Tuner for Plasma Panel ??

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by X6TUS, Aug 10, 2005.

1. X6TUS

X6TUS
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all, I am soon to buy a new Panasonic 42-PH8 panel plasma display when they come out. I currently cannot receive Freeview or Channel 5 and I do not have Sky (yet - will be getting Sky HD next year !). I do not want to buy the PV500 as I want the purer display option of the panel and I already have an awesome home cinema audio setup. I will mainly be using it to watch movies and some TV.

Therefore my question is has anyone come across a terrestrial TV tuner box that I could use with the panel to watch TV (4 channels!) with, preferably with Teletext too but not essential?

I managed to find this (http://www.syncblaster.com/ProV_prog_scan_convertor.html) surfing the web today but I have no knowledge of it. It sounds like it will do what I am asking for and more. Anyone heard of it or used it? Is it any good? Is there anything better I should look at?

Cheers,
    Gareth.

2. pjclark1

pjclark1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +271
    get a sky box and use it for freeview
    analogue Tv looks REALLY nasty on a plasma, you won't like it.

or
    you could buy a dvd recorder for £100, they have tuners in them.

3. Neil F Holland

Neil F Holland
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  4. superpixel

superpixel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone who says analogue looks nasty needs to setup their aeriel properly....Freeview/Sky doesn't compete.

My Harrods challenge should set anybody straight on the matter (scroll down posts to LG RZ-50PY10).