TV Tuner Cards for Macs

VJVJ

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hello Ladies and Gents,

I was wondering are you able to get a TV Tuner card for the iMAC. I would love to have this because I really don't want a PC and TV in my bedroom.

So my main questions are
1) Can you get a good TV Tuner Card which records freeview in HD?
2) If question one is yes, can you do schedule recordings?

I would really prefer not to have a USB!

I would really help from anyone who can help!

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Anyone used the Elgato Netstream DTT or Sat models by any chance? These look very interesting for whole house use, but not heard of anyone who has used them.

I do not think that it is possible to fit a TV card into a Mac. I have an Elgato EyeDTT USB tuner fitted and endorse the view of others in this thread that it is excellent and far better than most of the ones available for Windows PCs. However, it does NOT have the ability to process UK Freeview HD (DVB-T2). I did not find any tuner that could do this for a Mac using a Mac OS but maybe one has now been introduced.

I wasn't talking about a card to install, I was talking about these:

Elgato Netstream Sat Version

Elgato Netstream Freeview Version

I do believe the site states they do HD as well. They sit on your network and allow any Mac or iThing to stream content over your LAN via WiFi or Ethernet. Sound very good indeed.

The original query that started this thread was about TV tuner cards for a Mac. I don't know anything about the Netstream items but be aware that, for the Freeview version, the Elgato web site states "UK residents, please note: Freeview HD or DVB-T2 is not supported".

I have a Terratec T2 running with EyeTV software on my iMac. It works just fine but with Freeview HD coming on stream in the next week or so in my area, disappointing, it does not receive/decode UK DVB-T2 HD signals. As far as I can see, none of the other Elgato tuners do either. Anyone got any other ideas for a USB tuner for Mac that will receive UK DVB-T2/Freeview HD in HD mode?

Wilson

wilsonlaidlaw said:
I have a Terratec T2 running with EyeTV software on my iMac. It works just fine but with Freeview HD coming on stream in the next week or so in my area, disappointing, it does not receive/decode UK DVB-T2 HD signals. As far as I can see, none of the other Elgato tuners do either. Anyone got any other ideas for a USB tuner for Mac that will receive UK DVB-T2/Freeview HD in HD mode?

Wilson

I too would also welcome a UK DVB-T2 tuner. It's almost unbelievable that there isn't one for os x.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom