Question TV to receiver, TV to subwoofer?

bumzag

Novice Member
So my setup is kind of piecemeal. Older APEX LCD TV with digital coax output to an old RCA STAV-3880 receiver. Receiver has no HDMI input/output, but it does the job. I have an "Acoustimax" receiver/subwoofer combo that I got a while ago. Surprisingly amazing bass levels. I want to use the RCA receiver for the wired speakers as I'm using an HDMI Roku stick, and the Acoustimax for the subwoofer. The problem is:

- Subwoofer/receiver combo only has HDMI input (my TV doesn't have an HDMI ARC port and the receiver doesn't have an HDMI output), AUX input and LR stereo input.
- I don't even know if the subwoofer pre-out port on the RCA receiver even works. If it does, then the separate subwoofer I have, some Sherwood model, is blown, because it has a input port but doesn't appear to work.

I tried using a single RCA cable, and LR stereo cables (TV has LR stereo output) to the Acoustimax but, when I turn the receiver off, the subwoofer/receiver combo carries standard audio signals as well as subwoofer. In other words, you can hear hollow sounds of dialogue through the subwoofer. How do I just get subwoofer signals from the TV to the subwoofer? If that's possible

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom