1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tv to Diditheatre connection HELP

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Colinb, Feb 23, 2003.

1. Colinb

Colinb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi
    Can someone help me please. I have just bought my first home theater kit a Videologic Digitheatre (not DTS).
    I have connected my DVD to the Digitheatre decoder via a coaxial lead and it works fine.I have also connected my Sky Digital box to the decoder using 2 phono leads from the audio out on the sky box to the audio in on the decoder, again works fine.
    Now the problem-My TV is a JVC Dolby Pro Logic model AV-29SX2EK this has 2 scart outputs, one is connected to the DVD the other to the Sky box.I also have 5 audio output jacks 1 for centre speaker,1 pair for front and 1 pair for rear speakers.
    The manual says these are for connecting to a amplifier and speakers.Problem is there is no input points left on the Digitheatre decoder.
    Have I wired this up wrong or am I stuck with watching normal TV without the surround sound.
    (I have sky linked to the kids bedroom so they can watch sky upstairs while I watch normal TV downstairs otherwisw I could watch TV through sky which has the surround sound working)
    Thanks for any help.

Colinb

2. Dimmy

Dimmy
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had similar problems with my old Videologic Digitheatre DTS system, which has the same number of inputs as the system you have. The only solution I can think of it to buy a 3.5mm jack to 2 Phono lead, and connect one end to the headphone output on your television and the other end to the 2 RCA input on your Videologic decoder. This should mean you can access surround sound with both Sky Digital and Terrestrial television. The cable you need is usually priced at around £6 and you can buy it from most electrical retailers.

3. groundy

groundy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Just remove the Sky Digital phonos from the Digitheatre and connect these leads from the TV's Front L/R outputs (at the rear of the set) to the Digitheatre Analogue inputs. This way, all sound coming from the TV, no matter what channel, will be routed to your Digitheatre. You'll need to mute your TV sound though.

4. Colinb

Colinb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Dimmy/Groundy
    Thanks for the replys.
    Tried the headphone socket - nothing.
    Tried the 2 audio out jacks on the front of the TV. Got something but very quiet and distorted.
    Any ideas?

Thanks again

Colinb

5. groundy

groundy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I think you misunderstood. I meant the audio out jacks for the front L/R on the back of the TV :).

6. Colinb

Colinb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Groundy
    It worked. Thanks very much.

Colinb