Quantcast

TV to a Projector

Philbill

Standard Member
Hi, I would like to connect a signal from my TV to allow watching both television and DVD through my Projector (InFocus 5700).
First of all I have a Denon AVR3803 Amp which has 2 component in and a component out uplink. No problem with the DVD but TV outputs ar normally Scart or S video not component. I assume that I would need convert a RGB Scart output to component using a sync device to get the signal fed through correctly?
Any advice would be appreciated.
Phil

Mr Bump

Novice Member
Usually the best way to get a TV signal to a PJ is via a Sky box/cable box, or a VCR. Failing that, you will have to hook the TV to the amp via s-video and then run a nice long s-video cable to the PJ as well. Failing that, you could always trade your 3803 in for a 3805 which has s-video/composite -> component upsampling......

Philbill

Standard Member
Hi,
Thanks for the reply.
I have a long component cable to connect the amp to the PJ, I also have a component cable to connect the DVD to the amp.
I am getting a little confused about what type of signal can be input to the amp (together with component from the DVD) from the TV. Will the amp be able to convert an s-video signal and a component to be sent to the PJ?
I thought the 3803 could upsample s-video as well.
Phil

Philbill

Standard Member
Having done a quick check of the Denon AV3803 it is capable of input from a component or upsampling an s-video/composite signal for output via component. It is not capable of downsampling to s-video or composite, which is what you said I think :cool:
Phil

Mr Bump

Novice Member
Can it? Fair enough - I thought the '05 was the first Denon to do that. Sorted then - any signal you input will be automattically upconverted to component then, so you will be fine.

LV426

Administrator
Staff member
I've played with a 3803 and a projector and can confirm that it will upconvert Composite or SVideo to component. And as MrBump says, use a Set Top Box or VCR to provide the off-air source.