1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TV that will work with SECAM

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by dgp, Mar 12, 2003.

1. dgp

dgp
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am trying to find a 28" flat widescreen TV that will work with a SECAM input to a SCART socket from a satellite receiver (as well as normal PAL). The only people that will guarantee that some of their TVs will work are Thomson and Sony.

Philips don't seem certain and JVC say theirs will not. Local retailers usually have no idea what I'm talking about!!!!.

Can anyone help???

Thanks

2. topmba

topmba

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Loewe do as well, if you believe the specs posted by some internet retailers. I have a Toshiba that display French channel off Eutelsat, e.g. TV5, but maybe they are transmitted in PAL.

3. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +834
    Both my JVC´s have done, my old AV28WFX1 and my current HV32D25 will accept SECAM via Scart and will also work in France. You just select the relevant Colour System from the menu.

Maybe there are UK specific models that don´t do this?

4. dgp

dgp
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    topmba - I also get TV5 in colour - they transmit either in digital or analogue PAL depending on satellite The channels I want are TF1, France 2 and France 3. Unfortunately they only transmit unscrambled in SECAM.

Jase - JVC tell me that the UK specification sets won't work with SECAM. Whether thats true or not I don't know.