1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

tv still not fixed! need help

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by locky79, Sep 6, 2005.

1. locky79

locky79

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Hello all

well my tv has been out of action for 3 weeks now and im starting to wonder what rights i have as a consumer.

1st week they were good as i thought the lamp had died and it took them 2 days to get my a replacement.

same week they booked an engineer to check my tv out.

2nd week the engineer came over to my house changed 3 PCB boards but still not fixed and he said that he would contact optoma and get the parts he needed to repair the tv.

3rd week nothing

4th week im writing this thread.

my manager said something about im in my rights to get a full refund someone please tell me what i can do because ive been without a tv for almost a MONTH!! :mad:

please comment.

btw its a RD50

2. indie24

indie24

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +194
    I would go to where you bought the tv and demand a refund as the goods you bought was not fit for its purpose. Also when you said a replacement came was it a new tv or a bulb? I bought a SP50 from comet and within 3 weeks the power supply failed in the tv. I called comet and they said they would get an engineer to come out. when he arrived 2 days later he said he will order a new part. I refused and 4 days later a new tv came and they picked up the old one! Do the same :smashin:

3. locky79

locky79

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    they sent a new bulb as i thought it was faulty since the manual doesnt really tell you much.

i bought it from a nice Online store but Optoma are the ones who deal with the TV or am i wrong about that :\

4. Razor

Razor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12,498
    Try speaking to Roy Stonebank at Optoma, he was by far the best person I have delt with at Optoma. You should be intitled to a replacement, if they arent going to do that I would insist on your cash back.

Link to sales of goods act by soni.

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=216600

5. locky79

locky79

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    well i called roy and i got through to him and he apologised about my tv still not getting fixed.

he said he would ring me back and get it sorted but that was about 4hours ago. i rang his office and i got straight to his answer machine.

i really dont know what to think anymore when someone says they are gonna ring you back i expect them to ring me back. if he has forgotten about me then that makes me feel im just not important and on top of that angry :mad:

so what options do i have now? not only did i not get a call back ive still got a broken tv which has been out of action since i first reported it on the 15th of aug and now its coming towards a month.

what to DO?!?!? :mad:

6. Chumpy

Chumpy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Your contract is with the company you bought it from, not Optoma, you would need to go back to them to claim any refund. If you paid for it on Credit Card you could also get them involved.

7. locky79

locky79

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    well i just want my tv working now so im gonna call them tomorrow and demand a working tv by friday... or is that too much to ask?

8. Chumpy

Chumpy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think you have been quite reasonable so far, but make sure you cover all the bases.

9. locky79

locky79

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    well no call from him today.

so i called the reception and she would pass the message that i called and want contacting in the morning.

i just feel like crap today, i tried contacting hifibitz but my name was passed onto some other dude who again never rang me :thumbsdow
    just feel fed up now, been messed around and not enjoying it at all.
    :( :( :(

10. Razor

Razor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12,498

Not surprised with Optoma, I had a nightmare trying to get a response from them. Try putting your issues in a letter to the Managing Director. I wish you all the luck. :)

11. Br41ns

Br41ns

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31
    Why do we consumers have to put up with this crap, it really annoys me when companys take the p**s. Hope you get things sorted. :smashin:

12. locky79

locky79

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    i just wish i can get my money back now and just not get a optoma product ever again.

so is it possible i can get my money back from the place i bought it from? i need someone who is in the know on their consumer rights.

13. Razor

Razor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12,498
    Thats how I felt with my RD65 if there was another 65' set I would of swapped. However I am glad I didnt as I am very pleased with its performance. The sticky in general chat from Soni should help you out a fair bit. Basically you have bought something that doesnt work, you have given them suitable time to replace or repair, so I dont think a refund is uncalled for.

Optoma do good front and rear pros but their customer service is not up to the same standard.

14. locky79

locky79

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    so what consumer rights act should i be quoting? and what are my chances on a refund now? because ive just given up all hope of them even sorting this problem out.

i feel that roy has completely forgotten about me and my problem making me feel that im just not important or even worth worrying about at all :mad:

well i need to contact hifibitz and figure out what can be done. the problem is that im working so im wasting my lunch breaks to sort all this mess out.

15. LV426

LV426
    Administrator Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,908
    Try reading

16. locky79

locky79

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    well roy never called me back even though the receptionist left a message for him.

ive totally given all hope from optoma now on helping me as it seems they just either divert me to a hopeless answer machine and never ring me back.

so i called HIFIBITZ yesterday and i got through and my number and problem was passed onto someone bloke and that person never rang me back.

so i called today and i got through again but only to be transferred to the returns department and SURPRISE SURPRISE i got through to a answer machine, which i left my name and number and asked to be called back.

its now 7.25pm and no phone call.

i just feel im totally out of options and dont know what to do anymore now :( what choices can i do because im just damn right fed up!

im gonna write a email to HIFIBITZ and see what can be arranged because its totally unacceptable now.

nearly 1 month my RD50 has been out of action for.. :mad:

17. Dabs

Dabs
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi Locky79,

Really sorry to hear about your problems,

I think you should be hassling Hifibitz as they are the people that sold you the set(as i did for my RD50) under a 2 year guarantee.
    Threaten them with trading standards or go to the C.A B.

I would be tempted to drive it to their shop and dump it on them insisting on a refund and cost of travelling. :mad:

18. Chumpy

Chumpy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I would not write an e-mail, I would write a letter and send it by registered post - that way you have a record that they actually received it, and can use this if for whatever reason you need to take this even further.

19. locky79

locky79

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    well ive lost hope in optoma now and now i just want my money back because i dont want their tv in my house.

ive had the tv since late nov last year so do you think all my problems and stress that i had to put up with is liable for a full refund??

all i can say is im advising anyone on this forum to avoid buying a Optoma product as their customer service is a joke to be seen. ive not been offered a replacement all i get is no answers.

im going to call trading standards and see what i can do because its just got to the point where i feel like the victim who has no choices anymore.

i hope the person who owns hifibitz is reading this as you really need to sort your staff out, my number has been passed to 2 people and have yet to even try to ring me. i want answers!

20. Dabs

Dabs
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Also i would try to send a personal message to Pete who posts on this forum who represents HiFiBitZ.Search users for HiFiBitZ or the link is:http://www.avforums.com/forums/member.php?u=8653

I did this when mine broke after 3 days and i got a phone call from them. Worth trying.

21. locky79

locky79

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    yay :D i got through to Hifibitz and also it was very nice of peter to send me a pm :)

now its basically up to Optoma now. thumbs up for HifiBitz :thumbsup:
    at least im getting help at last :)