Tv sticking

rgaskell

Novice Member
Hi new to the forum and was directed here by a friend.

I have an LG 42’ LCD that suddenly freezes with a pink colour on the tv programme. The only way round it is to flick the plugs on and off. Got sky round and they replaced the Sky Q box. I also swapped the hdmi cable.

Roll forward a few weeks and it’s happening every 30 mins or so but not when I’m watching recordings off sky. Today I decided to bite the bullet and bought a Samsung UE50TU7020K.

An hour later and it goes again. So it can’t be the television. Great, money well spent.

So to me it has to be the hdmi cable? We don’t have anything else plugged into the tv.

Any ideas would be welcomed

thanks

Attachments

• 819C78AD-7A7D-44B4-9286-27113DCFA42A.jpeg
    819C78AD-7A7D-44B4-9286-27113DCFA42A.jpeg
    165.2 KB · Views: 16

gumpy321

Are you saying that when it turns pink the picture is freezing as well? If the picture is freezing, is the audio freezing too?

rgaskell

Novice Member
Are you saying that when it turns pink the picture is freezing as well? If the picture is freezing, is the audio freezing too?

Hi yes, the picture and audio freezes. The progam picture just freezes in the background. The audio makes a repeating deep tone

gumpy321

Maybe a bad batch of Sky Q boxes? You say you changed the cable too, so I can't see what else it could be? The only way to prove if it's the cable would be to use the cable on another HDMI device and see if the issue occurs?

gumpy321

Have a read of this, seems a common issue.

Looks to be a wireless mesh issue?

rgaskell

Novice Member
Have a read of this, seems a common issue.

Looks to be a wireless mesh issue?

ah I have my sky q box hooked into a wireless tp link 3 node mesh network. Thanks very much

Last edited:

Trollslayer

Distinguished Member
Try connecting the Sky box to the router using an Ethernet cable (assuming that is practical).

Delta38

It always helps to have a HDMI Cable Tester.
I had some New unopened HDMI cables they were Faulty .
Yes Hard wire the Sky Box with a Ethernet Cable ?

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Samsung HW-Q800A Soundbar & Rotel Michi X3 Reviews + TV show and Movie News & Reviews
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom