TV Stand / VESA Mount Query

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by Neil78, Jul 25, 2018.

1. Neil78

Neil78
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Everyone,

I'm new to the forum and was wondering if somebody could help me out with a question?

I currently have an Alphason Chromium Cantilever stand which can support up to a 50"

Alphason Chromium Red Cantilever TV Stand

I have a 46" Sony fitted at the moment but am looking to upgrade to a 4k set, my question is this.

Is there any reason why a 55" couldn't be fitted if the VESA mounts are correct? The stand can support up to 600 x 400, also, max tv weight says 30kg. All the 55" I've looked at are way below that weight so I'm not sure why it's only recommending 50"?

Sorry if this is a silly question or it's already been answered in a previous post, for info here are the 55" tv's I've been looking at (all VESA mounts for these are within 600 x 400 i think)

Samsung UE55MU7000
    Samsung Q7F (2017 model)
    Sony XE90 / X900F
    LG B7 - Really like it, is it worth the premium over the above?

Any help would be much appreciated.

2. zeppelino

zeppelino

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,211
    B7 is worth premium. As for the stand, I imagine it’s to do with width of TVs above 50”.

Weight would be my main concern.

3. Neil78

Neil78
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the reply, John Lewis has the the weight of the B7 at 17.2kg with 300 x 200 VESA. I could live with the overhang if means not buying another stand, would you be concerned about the weight at 17kg or would you say it's doable?

4. zeppelino

zeppelino

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,211
    Weight is fine - can the mount be moved up/down? I believe the B7 has its vesa points quite low down the panel.

5. Neil78

Neil78
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I don't think it can be moved up and down, that could be an issue then. That would be a shame if it didn't fit, I have a Q Acoustics Media 4 sat underneath so would need some space there aswell.

6. zeppelino

zeppelino

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,211
    Having looked at the stand again, think it should be fine. There’ll be plenty of room below it too - tv will be slightly higher than a normal one, but doubt that’ll be a problem.

7. Neil78

Neil78
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks alot for the advice, I feel confident about going ahead with the upgrade now.

8. EndlessWaves

EndlessWaves
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,549
    There'll be a variety of reasons for the size restriction. As the TV is being held from the side rather than from beneath the actual force of the bracket will depend on how far away from it the mass is, not just the weight of the TV.

And if it's got any adjustment (tilt/pitch etc.) then a larger TV will be looser than intended.

9. simon194

simon194

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +223
    If that link to the stand is the actual one you have, it can be moved up and down because it's got the same mount as my stand has. It's just a matter of getting the right holes in the two brackets that hook on to the main support to get the TV at the right height.

I had a bit of fun when I switched from a 55" Samsung to my current 55" LG because the centre of the mounting holes is lower on the LG compared to the Samsung so need to be raised to clear the centre speaker on the stand.

10. Neil78

Neil78
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the reply, yes. the link I posted is the stand that I have. I'll have a play around with the position to get it at the correct height. I think I'm gonna go for the B7, seems to very highly rated on here and prices for it are good at the moment. Xbox On X should look good on it too?