TV stand for wall mounted tv

Alcopoppa

Established Member
Reaction score
I've wall mounted my 77 A80J and currently have a 180cm stand below it. However the stand doesn't suit the room, and also as it's so wide, just wider than the TV, It seems to make the TV look small!

I was wondering if anyone has a TV stand that is less wide than their wall mounted TV. I know all the advice is for the stand to be wider, but I'm not sure if this holds for wall mounted.

I've searched the Internet but can't find any photos of wall mounted TVs with a less wide stand.

Any views or photo examples much appreciated. Cheers

Last edited:
Hi a picture, showing the TV on the wall might help members visualise better. If I'm understanding your dilemma though, you'd like a TV cabinet/stand that is smaller in width than the TV. Correct?

Hi a picture, showing the TV on the wall might help members visualise better. If I'm understanding your dilemma though, you'd like a TV cabinet/stand that is smaller in width than the TV. Correct?
Thanks and yes that is correct. Here's is the current one. It doesn't go with the room, and so I'm looking for a smaller, more modern looking one, but don't know if it will look right if it was less wide than the TV

Attachments

• 20220223_145353.jpg
    20220223_145353.jpg
    249.8 KB · Views: 93
Thanks and yes that is correct. Here's is the current one. It doesn't go with the room, and so I'm looking for a smaller, more modern looking one, but don't know if it will look right if it was less wide than the TV
Now I can visualise it. Personally I'd avoid going to narrow on the cabinet (as imo) it'll look a little "weird". The only caveat to this would be iv you ever planned on changing your front speakers to floorstanders 😉🤣😜...

In fairness, I forgot to ask for the actual dimensions of your current cabinet. That way I can possibly make suggestions etc. In addition, What AV gear (amp, bluray player etc) do you need to accommodate) - As this can dictate the size of the cabinet.

Now I can visualise it. Personally I'd avoid going to narrow on the cabinet (as imo) it'll look a little "weird". The only caveat to this would be iv you ever planned on changing your front speakers to floorstanders 😉🤣😜...

In fairness, I forgot to ask for the actual dimensions of your current cabinet. That way I can possibly make suggestions etc. In addition, What AV gear (amp, bluray player etc) do you need to accommodate) - As this can dictate the size of the cabinet.
Thank you. The TV is 77 inch and the cabinet is 18o cm wide.

Yes definitely not too slim, I was thinking maybe 140cm. It needs to accommodate both a Zidoo Z1000 Pro and an AV receiver. As you can see there is also a centre speaker in the middle shelf and this is a bit restrictive in terms of a new cabinet, but I suppose it could always sit on top of the new unit.

I've just sold the floor standers as just don't get time to listen to music any more!

Thank you. The TV is 77 inch and the cabinet is 18o cm wide.

Yes definitely not too slim, I was thinking maybe 140cm. It needs to accommodate both a Zidoo Z1000 Pro and an AV receiver. As you can see there is also a centre speaker in the middle shelf and this is a bit restrictive in terms of a new cabinet, but I suppose it could always sit on top of the new unit.

I've just sold the floor standers as just don't get time to listen to music any more!
I'd bring the centre speaker out of the cabinet and place it on top anyway! As it's the preffered/idea position. Place it so the front edge of the centre speaker is on the edge of the cabinet.

In terms of new cabinet. I previously had one of these: (MDA Tucana)

Great cabinet and 120cm wide.

I'd bring the centre speaker out of the cabinet and place it on top anyway! As it's the preffered/idea position. Place it so the front edge of the centre speaker is on the edge of the cabinet.

In terms of new cabinet. I previously had one of these: (MDA Tucana)

Great cabinet and 120cm wide.
Thank u you for your replies, yes very nice cabinet

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom