1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TV stand for Samsung Widescreen WS32Z308P

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by NasMobile, Aug 9, 2005.

1. NasMobile

NasMobile

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just got this Samsung Widescreen tv yesterday. I'll work out in due course how good this TV is, but right now am concerned about the tv stand that was povided with it.

The TV seems very unsteady on the stand. The only thing securing the TV and the stand is a plastic 'tie-back/bracket' which has one screw on the stand and one at the rear of TV. Even with this, the TV moves around the top of the stand easily, and both the stand and tv also wobble - it is placed on a carpet.

I can't see anything to secure the tv to the stand to prevent it from moving around the stand at the very least.

I have a two year old and want to make sure it does not topple over.

Anyone else have the same problem with this specific tv?

Thanks.

2. Seepy

Seepy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Exactly the same as mine :mad: , I have a 4 year old and she's forever bouncin round the room :eek: , so I've put it on my old stand, much safer :) .

3. NasMobile

NasMobile

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The showroom model in the local Currys does not move around on the stand and is quite secure! A kind sales rep lifted the TV for me to see how it was secured to the stand.

The stand comes with 8 rubber feet. 6 are used as actual feet at the bottom base of the stand. 2 are attached 'upside down' on top of the stand in two grooves. The TV just slots on top of the two 'upside down feet' - the front of the tv base should be level with the front of the stand and the rear of the tv should be level with the back of the stand. This should ensure the tv does not move around on the stand.

As for the wobbling I may have to chain the stand to the wall!

4. roddersmg

roddersmg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    How do you rate the PQ of this set. I saw one in my local Currys and the geometry was all over the place.

5. Seepy

Seepy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    cheers nas, but i thought the 2 black gromits with screws where for the top oh well.

and rodders my geometry was a bit pants. top and bottom corners bended inwards and a speed bump effect three quarters down the screen horizontaly, but fiddling with the service menu sorted that out, near perfect now and plus its HD :thumbsup: