tv sound through home cinema (again)

wanadrive

Standard Member
I have a
samsung 32" ue32eh5000 tv and a
philips hts3531 home cinema

To use the home cinema its connected by hdmi and works fine.
I'm now trying to play the freeview (built into the tv) through the home cinema. I have connected the two with an optical cable.

The home cinema has several audio settings (disc, aux, usb, fm and opti in). I assume it needs to be set to opti in.

On the tv I have set the settings for speakers to external this results in the tv speakers being muted.

Other settings under audio on the tv are as follows:

Sound effect -srs trusurround - tru dialog - equaliser all come up as "this function not available"
SPDIF - PCM (dolby option is not available)
Dolby Compressions (not available)
DTV - Mpeg has a scale 0 to -10, HE-AAC says "not available")

Anyway, whatever I adjust I cant get tv to play through the home cinema. Any ideas out there?

Broadz

Distinguished Member
Are you sure that the optical connection on the TV is optical out (for sending audio from it to an external surround sound system) rather than optical in (to allow you to feed audio to it from an external piece of kit which itself has optical out)?

If you are sure that the optical connection on the TV is optical out, have you set the audio on the optical in on the home cinema to Automatic (or at least to match the particular audio which the TV is outputting)? This may be DD, PCM, bitstream etc.

wanadrive

Standard Member
Thanks
The optical connection on the tv says "optical out"

I can't see any setting in the home cinema to set to automatic or anything else

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom