1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TV sound on sony DAV-SR1

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by rockysocks, Apr 11, 2005.

1. rockysocks

rockysocks

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, I just bought a sony DAV-SR1 (all in One home cinema kit) I have connected it to my Sony TV through the RGB scart Connection. When in DVD mode slightly muted TV channel audio is coming out of my TV speakers at the same time as the DVD Audio from my surround sound speakers. So during quiet spells of the movie I can here the television. Any advice on reason for this and possible fixes. - Thanks

2. steel_kelly

steel_kelly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    if you have sky or cable try pressing mute.

3. rockysocks

rockysocks

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I do have freeview and when I press mute on the television or the freeview box I get a Mute symbol on the screen while watching the dvd which is not really acceptable.

4. Camperman

Camperman
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I have to mute the TV only when the unit is set to output the TV sound (you can hear an echo if not) the TV does not display a mute sign so this is not a problem. I have never experienced a problem when watching a DVD. Perhaps you could set the TV to a channel with no sound output, perhaps a text channel. It is not ideal but may help.