• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

TV / Sound / DVD setup (Philips Plasma 42PF5521D)

swnnnyuk

Standard Member
Hi

I wonder if someone could please help because I am having problems changing my set-up at home for our TV / SKy / audio since make a small change - cannot get anything to work.

I am not sure if this best forum to ask this question - if incorrect could someone please tell me the correct forum or an appropriate website to ask this question.

I currently have the Sky HD working with the televsion and can watch DVDs through the TV, however we have purchased a SONOS S5 speaker. I can get the sound from the Sky box through the S5 speaker by connecting correctly but not sound from the DVD player.
In addition, we previously had the ability to watch the Sky channel on any TV in the house however this has stopped working when we had to move the television.

I was wondering if someone could tell me how to achieve our aim?

For information:
TV - Philips 42PF5521D
Sky HD - Thomson 902020
Sonos S5 speaker
DVD: Sony Compact AV system DAV-S300 (speakers no longer work) or alternative Sony RDR-HX510 (hard drive capability has been replaced by Sky HD)

Thanks in advance

Rob

choddo2006

Distinguished Member
I can get the sound from the Sky box through the S5 speaker by connecting correctly but not sound from the DVD player.
Why?

As for the Sky on every TV thing - how were they connected to the Sky box before? And what's changed?

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom