TV Smashed - home insurance replacement advice please

Andyt2

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, start out with saying I don't know much about TV's unfortunately my kid decided to take our Samsung 55" TV out earlier today. Am planning to claim on my contents insurance to replace but am curious what to expect

My current TV is this one 55" MU7000 Dynamic Crystal Colour Ultra HD certified 4K HDR 1000 Smart TV | Samsung UK

Samsung MU7000 55 inch

I bought it back at the beginning of 2018 for around £850 (I think) and understand its not really an available model so what would I expect to be a comparable model today (insurance is new for old)

Thanks

Current version of that would be the UE55AU7100

But I would see if you get the AU9000 model

Current version of that would be the UE55AU7100

But I would see if you get the AU9000 model

Great thanks will try my luck

So quick update on this, for some absolutely insane reason the insurance came back and offered me the Samsung QE55QN95A or I can take cash £1250 (-£100 XS) Normally I would take the TV but considering Black Friday is coming up I wonder if I could get something better for a similar price

Any thoughts?

So quick update on this, for some absolutely insane reason the insurance came back and offered me the Samsung QE55QN95A or I can take cash £1250 (-£100 XS) Normally I would take the TV but considering Black Friday is coming up I wonder if I could get something better for a similar price

Any thoughts?

That seems a phenomenally good deal either way! Who is your insurance company?

With Loyds bank but after I reported it they put me in touch with someone called SBS-Claims thats who made the offer

Any thoughts?

Would take that if you watch a lot of kids tv. Not really suitable for OLED.

Actually if you took the cash you could get a 65". Probably not a premium model, but easily something as good as you have right now.

So it turns out the reason they went up to that model is due to mine having 4 HDMI ports and the one connect box apparently that made this Neo QLED one the most comparable

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom