Tv smaller than 43 inch

Nex2004

Novice Member
Hi,

I have a loft bedroom with sloped ceilings and just tried to move my 43 inch from my spare bedroom and whilst it fits it overhangs so is not ideal.

Can anyone recommend a tv smaller than 43 inch? Not looking to spend too much, ideally sub £300. The tv I currently have in the room is a Hisense 43A7100FTUK so looking for something similar if possible but understand I may not get 4K

Thanks!

Dodgexander

Look at the measurements of your existing TV and compare it to modern TV's.
Older 43" models can be a lot larger than newer ones when you factor bezels.

The diagonal of the TV (43") is related to the panel only and isn't an accurate way to measure. Best instead seek width, height and depth dimensions.

If you can fit a 42" OLED it would be ideal, and really the only way to get a decent TV sub 50" nowadays.

Nex2004

Novice Member
Look at the measurements of your existing TV and compare it to modern TV's.
Older 43" models can be a lot larger than newer ones when you factor bezels.

The diagonal of the TV (43") is related to the panel only and isn't an accurate way to measure. Best instead seek width, height and depth dimensions.

If you can fit a 42" OLED it would be ideal, and really the only way to get a decent TV sub 50" nowadays.
Thanks for the response, it’s a recent Hisense model so very slim bezels already, I think sadly for me to happily fit a tv in it’s going to be a 32 inch, but it’s only going to be used for Netflix/prime and some light (non competitive) gaming.
Do you have any recommendations on 32s? I know they’re pretty much all bad confirmed to bigger models

Dodgexander

I'd avoid Panasonic at 32" since they aren't making their own TVs at this size.
Something from LG, Samsung, TCL, Sony or Hisense will be fine.
Hard to know which is better than the next as there's so little info and reviews on the TVs.
All will be bottom level quality anyway.
I'd aim to get whichever doesn't have HDR capability, and if necessary, buy second hand to avoid the TV switching into HDR mode when using Amazon and Netflix.

Having HDR on cheaper TVs is a burden rather than a benefit, sadly.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN800B 8K TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom