1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TV / Sky / Dvd scart control

Discussion in 'TVs' started by dtriggs, Apr 24, 2005.

1. dtriggs

dtriggs
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Philips 36 PW9618 TV with an Amstrad Sky plus box, Panasonic HD Dvd recorder (DMR-HS2) and a Panasonic Vcr. They are all connected via their own Scarts to the TV - AV1, 2 and 3.

The problem is that only one scart socket (AV2 which is also the Cinema Link Scart) will automatically switch when I play a Dvd and none of them work with the Sky box. Before with my old TV when you pressed TV Guide the TV automaticallt switched to the Sky AV channel. ALl the scart leads work with in all the AV sockets, switching fine when plugged into the VCR. So there seems no problem with the leads or the actual scart sockets on the TV (which I assumed must be broken).

So why wont the Panasonic Dvd recorder/player switch except on AV2, and why wont the Sky + box switch at all ? As an additional question when the plug the scart socket into the tv from the Sky box, it does switch, but just not when you press the sky button or tv guide like the old box used to.

Any help is really appreciated as it is driving me mad.