TV Size and Mounting Height Advice

tonyromo

Novice Member
I just moved into a new place and I’m looking for some advice on a couple things re the TV setup.

1) TV size: In most cases I will be 10-15 feet from the TV. My couch sits relatively low at 17.5 inches. I’m thinking of going with the 75 inch Sony X900H. Tv will be primarily used for movies and sports (not a big gamer). Any advice on TV size?

2) Mounting Height: Given the viewing distance and TV size, any advice for how high on the wall I should be mounting the TV? I might consider not mounting and just leaving the TV on the media console. The media console sits about 29 inches off the ground. I’ve included a picture of the living room (minus the couch) below.

1610063334778.jpeg

Hixs

Distinguished Member
75" is a good size. Large but not too large.

Height - recommend that the center of the TV is at eye level when sat down. In reality it's more down to personal preference. What you're comfortable with is key. Some like their TV 6 foot up the wall...god knows why!

Mr Edwards

I just moved into a new place and I’m looking for some advice on a couple things re the TV setup.

1) TV size: In most cases I will be 10-15 feet from the TV. My couch sits relatively low at 17.5 inches. I’m thinking of going with the 75 inch Sony X900H. Tv will be primarily used for movies and sports (not a big gamer). Any advice on TV size?

2) Mounting Height: Given the viewing distance and TV size, any advice for how high on the wall I should be mounting the TV? I might consider not mounting and just leaving the TV on the media console. The media console sits about 29 inches off the ground. I’ve included a picture of the living room (minus the couch) below.

View attachment 1437054
I have a Sony75''xh9505 which is attached to a 'Table-Top stand', the height from the floor to the centre of my screen is 51'' and am sitting 11' away from the screen.....

If I sit bolt-upright in my viewing chair my eye-level from the floor is 43'', but when I lean back and relax into into the chair my eye-level from the floor is 39'' (and that's without using the reclining positions of the chair).....

So, even when keeping your line of sight to the centre of the screen, a lot will depend on what type of chair you sit in as to the actual height you place your screen ie, some chairs are quite upright while other chairs will be more reclined/relaxed type of sitting or even if you rest your head back into the headrest/cushion ....all these will determine what height the screen will be placed....

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom