• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

TV signal disapears when I press "stop"

mfosker

Standard Member
When I press the stop button on the Phillips MCE remote my TV seems to lose the signal from my PC (The AV2 symbol appears in the top left, so I know that the TV is still on, and on the right channel) It's happened when watching LIVE TV and when playing a DVD.
Any idea what is up?

I've found that fiddling with the buttons for a while brings the picture back, but I've not yet figured out which combination of buttons sorts the problem out.

I'm using a black gold TV card, although I doubt that is related since it happened with a DVD as well, and a Asus GeForce 6200 gfx card with TV out on Vista Home Premium.

Thanks for any help

spyder viewer

Distinguished Member
The Black Gold Phillips remote comes with software where you can customise the remote. Have you installed this? I have one also but am using a different remote control so this is the limit of my assistance.

mfosker

Standard Member
Thanks, I'll have a look at that and see what I can come up with.

I also subsequently noticed that the same thing happened when I pressed the green button to go back to the main menu from the Live TV, the live TV had been on for a while. I can see the TV fade out to black before the signal goes, which makes me think that it is the software telling the TV to sleep or something like that.

tony_park

Established Member
Hi,

can you check your power settings, and check the time when the monitor should sleep? Does this match the time you see the problem occur?

Do you have MCE Standby tool installed?

Tony

mfosker

Standard Member
I'll check those things when I get home tonight, I haven't changed any power settings from the defaults, and have not yet installed the standby tool (do you mean the one from this site: http://www.xs4all.nl/~hveijk/mst/indexe.htm
?)

The weird thing is, that even if I manage to get the display back by pressing random buttons on the remote (I think that the Live TV button in some combination is the one that bring the display back) all I have to do is go to the guide, or to the main menu, or press stop, and I lose the display all over again.

Anyhow, I'll check those things out tonight when I get home and see how I get on. Thanks for the suggestions.

tony_park

Established Member
Hi,

I agree, it does sound strange!

Yep - thats the tool!

Can you check that you have the latest drivers for your graphics card? Is it onboard? Are you able to try a different graphics card, maybe a newer one in your pc and see if you get the same problem?

Tony

mfosker

Standard Member
Turns out to have been the power settings.
It seemed odd that the screen would quite happily sit there displaying the Live TV and only go to sleep when I pressed stop, but I found that when I set the screen to not power down in the power control panel that the problem went away.

Thanks for the suggestions.

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom