TV signal booster - too many cables

Sandy5252

Novice Member
Hi. I am trying to tidy the cable nightmare behine my TV. I have a TV, DVD player and Roku box, and corner light. All are working fine and am using a multi sockets for power. I also have a Wolsey power unit for boosting the TV signal. The actual booster unit is in the loft.
For the power booster unit, I have a power cable, and a TV in coax cable, and TV out coax cable.
How can I tidy this nest of cables? I was thinking of moving the TV power booster box to the loft that way I can remove the two co-ax cables and power supply cable. Can someone advise best way to integrate this power box to the actual signal amplifer in the loft? IS there another way of doing this ?

JayCee

Distinguished Member
Yes, you can move the booster power unit to the loft which will get rid of two cables leaving the one coax feed from it down to your TV.
This presumes you have a power outlet in your loft.

Rodders53

Distinguished Member
"TV in" cable will become direct connection to the TV set in lounge.

1. Disconnect cable from the amp (in loft) output.
2. Repurpose the fly lead from power supply box to go from the loft box amp out to the psu aerial in connection.
3. Reconnect the cable in loft (disconnected in 1. above) to the psu output.

Above assumes you have mains socket in loft (as per JayCee's post)... which is perhaps unlikely as there are amps with integrated mains supplies that would usually be chosen when mains is available in a loft space.

Also assumes the same connection types are used... May need adapter(s) from TV plug (Belling Lee style) to F-plugs or bare wires even.

Sandy5252

Novice Member
Thanks for the replies.
I have just found and ordered a new amplifier with power supply intgrated. This has aerial input, obviously, and 6 TV outputs. It will go in the loft. I will let you know how it works out.

Rodders53

Distinguished Member
Hope it has the same gain figure as the existing amp otherwise it may not work (as well).

Do you need/use all 6 outputs? If not order 75 ohm terminators to fit to those not used for 'best practice' reasons.

Certainly not saving money by buying new kit when all it needed was the power supply relocating.

Sandy5252

Novice Member
Current TV signal amplifier has 4 outputs, I want at least 5. I have various power options in the loft for lights etc, so I will tap into one of those. I will post once installed. Thanks for the replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom