TV shows in UK iTunes store at last

jont

Take a look at what popped up overnight !!

£1.89 per show isn't too bad I suppose ... interesting to see how new shows will be in relation to their broadcast schedules over here ?

But £32.99 is damn expensive compared to the dvd box set for an old season !! ... haven't checked out resolution yet ?

Jon

richard plumb

Distinguished Member
£1.89 might seem ok until you realise the exact same episodes are $1.99 in the US.

Good old £1=$1 is crazy with current exchange rates.

jont

Hmm ... think we are being stiffed again !!

Just downloaded sample show - Ugly Betty pilot - and res is 640 x 360 !! lower than bl**dy US dvd !! ... OK it's h.264 and weighs in at 510Mb but still we broadcast that show in higher res !!

Jon

And to add insult to injury I have downloaded the same episode from the US store for $1.99 (£1.24 inc VAT) ... and its exactly the same file !!

amardilo

Distinguished Member
Hmm ... think we are being stiffed again !!

Just downloaded sample show - Ugly Betty pilot - and res is 640 x 360 !! lower than bl**dy US dvd !! ... OK it's h.264 and weighs in at 510Mb but still we broadcast that show in higher res !!

Jon

And to add insult to injury I have downloaded the same episode from the US store for $1.99 (£1.24 inc VAT) ... and its exactly the same file !!

Yeah I wish the picture quality would atleast be in widescreen.

I bought series 9 of South Park just for the hell of it.

With products like the iPhone which I think are widescreen should hopefully lead too high res shows being released in the future.

I would buy a hole lot more shows if it was £1 per episode but at the current price it's a bit too expensive when you want to buy multiple shows (I would however buy HD shows at the current price).

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic LZ2000, LZ1500 & LZ980 Hands-on Launch Event | No QD-OLED for 2022, new 77-inch for LZ2000
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom