TV shows in UK iTunes store at last

jont

Take a look at what popped up overnight !!

£1.89 per show isn't too bad I suppose ... interesting to see how new shows will be in relation to their broadcast schedules over here ?

But £32.99 is damn expensive compared to the dvd box set for an old season !! ... haven't checked out resolution yet ?

Jon

richard plumb

Distinguished Member
£1.89 might seem ok until you realise the exact same episodes are $1.99 in the US.

Good old £1=$1 is crazy with current exchange rates.

jont

Hmm ... think we are being stiffed again !!

Just downloaded sample show - Ugly Betty pilot - and res is 640 x 360 !! lower than bl**dy US dvd !! ... OK it's h.264 and weighs in at 510Mb but still we broadcast that show in higher res !!

Jon

And to add insult to injury I have downloaded the same episode from the US store for $1.99 (£1.24 inc VAT) ... and its exactly the same file !!

amardilo

Distinguished Member
Hmm ... think we are being stiffed again !!

Just downloaded sample show - Ugly Betty pilot - and res is 640 x 360 !! lower than bl**dy US dvd !! ... OK it's h.264 and weighs in at 510Mb but still we broadcast that show in higher res !!

Jon

And to add insult to injury I have downloaded the same episode from the US store for $1.99 (£1.24 inc VAT) ... and its exactly the same file !!

Yeah I wish the picture quality would atleast be in widescreen.

I bought series 9 of South Park just for the hell of it.

With products like the iPhone which I think are widescreen should hopefully lead too high res shows being released in the future.

I would buy a hole lot more shows if it was £1 per episode but at the current price it's a bit too expensive when you want to buy multiple shows (I would however buy HD shows at the current price).

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom