TV Show / Film Synopsis too long

Sebastalona

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
I've transferred the above to my iTunes library using both iVI and Handbrake/Subler.

I noticed that both sometimes use the long description, so that you can't read the whole thing on the summary screen on the ATV.

Is there a setting in iVI /Subler you can choose so it will only use the short description for display on ATV?

I thought you might be able to somehow expand the long description but it doesn't look like you can.

This does my head in too sometimes. I tag using other progs and make sure I only use the short description.

This does my head in too sometimes. I tag using other progs and make sure I only use the short description.

What do you use mate?

Either use mkvtomp4 when I'm converting or MetaX for just metadata. These are both windows only though. Doesn't subler do metadata on the Mac? Might be worth taking a look.

Desmo said:
Either use mkvtomp4 when I'm converting or MetaX for just metadata. These are both windows only though. Doesn't subler do metadata on the Mac? Might be worth taking a look.

Yes, I use Handbrake and Subler but sometimes the short and long descriptions are the same (and still too long).

You could cut them down in iTunes use get info on item then under video tab see description section.

next010 said:
You could cut them down in iTunes use get info on item then under video tab see description section.

Yeah, I suppose that's an option. I was more hoping for a 'fire and forget' solution! Could be quite time consuming going back through everything.

IMDB has this kind of little overview for every film which would be perfect:

2012-08-01_19-59-06.jpg

I use IVI and the descriptions are all fine tbh. I usually watch TV stuff so suppose I can't comment too much on Movies but will check for you.

Well, after a session of random button mashing I've found that by pressing up on the Apple remote whilst the movie is playing brings up the whole film description. Not ideal, but at least can read all of the synopsis.

However, if anyone comes up with solution to enter the short description by default I'd be glad to hear it.:thumbsup:

Up once shows you how much watched and how much left. Up twice shows the synopsis. Up three times goes back to just whats playing.

Up once shows you how much watched and how much left. Up twice shows the synopsis. Up three times goes back to just whats playing.

Yeah, found the chapter select too:blush:

:laugh:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom