1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TV Shipped 12,000 miles and screen is a little squint

Discussion in 'TVs' started by gedclink, Jan 6, 2005.

1. gedclink

gedclink
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Guys..Long time no speak to..About 2.5 years ago I purchased a Toshiba 52 inch widescreen Rear Projection TV after lots of chat with people on this forum..52wh8b0 or something like that

I've now moved it to New Zealand and after unpacking it and setting up noticed that the central ( large ) white cross on the covergence menu looks fine apart from 1 thing. The top vertical line has a little red bleed on the left of it ( as you view the screen) and the lower vertical line has red bleed on the right . i.e it looks like the red display has been " rotated " a few degrees to the left . Kind of imagining it pointing to left of north on a compass or 350 degrees as opposed to zero. Hope this makes sense.

Also noticed that when watching a movie with small black bars at the top and bottom they slope ever so slightly.

I went into service menu and noticed the grids ( that were perfectly straight and lined up in the UK) now had curves in some parts, so I straightened them up. Where did the curves/ bumps come from? Still didn't make a difference. I noticed as well that the numbered crosses also have this little bit of bleed on them but not massively noticeable.

Picture looks pretty good. My only concern is I'm not sure if the convergence is drifting at all? Need to wait and see. I forgot I had to set up the convergence for each video input, i.e DVD , SKy and PS2 and also for each picture mode - That is correct isn't it??

Any help or ideas. The TV is insured for the travel but I have to confirm it is or isn't working properly in the next 7 days.

Thanks again and happy new year

Ged

2. BillJohnson

BillJohnson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    I think that your problem is due to the earth's magnetic field. In theory the set should be re-aligned every time that you change latitude and you seem to have changed in a big way!

Bill