• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

TV setup 2.1 or 5.1 under £100?

ignorancez

Standard Member
Hi, im pretty much new to the game of sounds and speakers. So my problem is I recently got myself a Samsung LCD TV and the sound coming from it is totally rubbish. My budget is about £100 looking for good sound quality and bass. Dont mind having 2.1 or 5.1 setup.

I have a few things connected to the LCD TV:
Cable + DVD Player via SCART
PC via VGA + AV sound
xbox 360 via component

So all these device sounds should output through the sound system but I dont know how to do it. I assume I can make an output connection from the TV to the sound system :confused:

I have tried looking for these sound systems but the only problem is theyre all PC speakers :confused: not sure it it works for home cinema... also theres some with built in dvd players which I dont need.

HELP! :lease:

Scott_Mac

Distinguished Member
You could use the Acoustic Energy Aego M - http://www.superfi.co.uk/index.cfm/page/moreinfo.cfm/Product_ID/2543

They are stunning little speakers and you could connect them to the audio output from the TV so they'd still be controlled by the tv volume control but would give a far superior sound...

I'd give up on 5.1 for the moment with that budget.

Member 639844

Former Advertiser
well, your really asking if you should buy 6 speakers or 3, and for £100 quid its obvious which will sound better.
Spend your cash on quality rather than quantity, and ive also heard that the Aego's are decent for the price.

sander123

Established Member
These sound like the dogs danglies actually-i have me sony hifi plugged into the tv at the moment and have been after a half decent 2.1 setup as a 5.1 is just too much hassle in my living room.

Good find lads :thumbsup:

rozzar

Established Member
another vote (if its needed) for the Aegos...terrific little things. They also do make the aego p5 and i've seen 2nd hand ones on ebay go for as little as £120 but if you do go for a p5, make sure its the version with the decoder box :smashin:

If you go 2.1 or 5.1 though, they won't disappoint :)

vaseston

Standard Member
These sounds like what I have been looking for too. I have a Toshiba WLT66 with sky, xbox 360 and PC going into it.

I would like a speaker system that would also allow me to plug an ipod dock in so I can listen to my music through the same speakers. Can anyone tell me if that would be possible with these? It would need an input for the TV and a headphone jack input for the ipod dock I guess.

Any advice much appreciated.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom